This is a Clilstore unit. You can .
Poetry is, for many people, a perfect way to express their emotions and feelings. "We're all going to die - and poems can help us live with that", says Stephen Burt.
For this main reason, poetry has been selected as the main content of this task and the chosen video will work as the starting point. In fact, the main aim of the proposed task consists on creating a poem (based on its main features as a literary genre).
PART 1. Importance of poetry
Watch the video: "Why people need poetry?" (TED video)
- Try to define the concept and to give some exemples of where they can find poems.
- Predict information and words you might hear and write them down in L1 and L2.
* What do I know about this topic?
* What kind of information can I expect to hear / view?
* What words can I expect to hear?
1.2. Whilst listening
1.2.1. First time: play only sound
- As you listen the video for the first time, you underline word or phrases you have predicted correctly and then you take notes of new words or information.
1.2.2. Second time: play sound and visuals
- Listen again (and now you also watch) and focus particularly on those parts that caused confusion and make notes of the new information.
(After the first listening but before the second listening)
- Identify parts that caused confusion and make note of the parts of the text that need more attention in the second watching.
(After the second listening)
- Listening activities:
PART 2. Poetry metter
2.1. Watch the video:
2.2. Analyze the next poem by following the poetry meter rules as in the example below:
PART 3. Poem creation
3.1. Watch the next video, in which the rules for composing a poem are exposed:
3.2. IT'S YOUR TURN! Try to create a poem following the learned contents
Short url: http://multidict.net/cs/4297