Subject: Physical Education
UD numer 6: Basketball
For 4rth ESO students with a medium level
Material: basketball balls, cones
Aims of the lesson:
- to know the parts of the court, the body and the players possitions names
- to practice the technical and tactical aspects: pass, throw, shoot... and apply the movements
- to be active and have a good predisposition to the practice
- To listen and talk in English
- To use the verb "to be" in all forms
- To use the demostratives pronoums
- To learn the specific vocabulary
- Run for the court for 2', sprint during 20'', joint movility 2' and stretching
Basketball circuit 15':
- start bouncing with your left hand
- change of direction and bouncing with your right hand
- chest pass to wall and pick up again
- make 2 shoots to the basket
- balance on th bench
- zigzag again
- tray entry
- Language aims to pass to the next post, you need to answer a different questions:
- you can score 3 points to...
- what it's better to shoot, near or far the basket?
- tell me 2 types of pass
- tell me the name of the materials you need in basketball
- can you name 2 parts of the court?
- and 3 players possitions?
- give me some habitual expressions in a basketball game
3 on 3 basketball game 15'
No referee in this game, the students have to say and count their fouls, points, time, fair play…
There is a particularity in these 3 on 3 game: you can pass the ball if you say, in English, the position name on the court to the player you want to pass in this moment. If you pass and don't say it, change ball to the other team.
Final step, activities 15'
At the end of the session, to back to the calm, we are going to do some activities to improve our English:
Reading activity about basketball, and find some information in the text
Material and equipment knowledge
- The students have to talk in English during the lesson
- They can be self-governing to know what is good and what not, applying the fair-play
- They have to know how to pass, bounce and shoot the ball and all the different kinds
- To be motivated during participation in learning tasks with a good behaviour
We need to adapt all the concepts, habilities, tasks, evaluation, activities… to the each student level.
- teaching styles: non- directive and directive at the begining of the session
- Own technic: OAE (Observe, Analyze and Experiment)
- FeedBack: continous, positive and backing
- Organitation: individual and in teams of 3