This is a Clilstore unit. You can .
1. Let's see this video, which explains us a secret of the past. Try to answer the following question:
- How did the Egyptians construct their pyramids?
2. Now, in gropus of three, read the text and answer the following questions.
Because the Egyptians kept religious and government records, we are able to read about the building of some of these pyramids.
There are still over eighty pyramids in Egypt today. They are all more than 3000 years old. The architects of these pyramids were very skilled in mathematics, in technical drawing, and in knowledge of the position of the sun and stars. The pyramids were carefully designed to be in a straight line with, for example, a certain star constellation at a certain time of year, or sunrise on a particular day.
Some of the pyramids were built as step pyramids like the one at Saqqara, but many others were a real pyramid shape, with sides that were smooth and sloping.
a) What is the shape of the burial places of the Egyptian kings?
b) How many pyramids exist nowadays?
c) What were the skills of their architects?
d) Do you think that there is a relationship between buildings and maths? Which one?
3. Now, in the same groups, you have to walk around the school looking for any geometric shape in the building. Then draw it in your notebook and write down its name.
4. Tell to the rest of the big group the shapes you have found and the name of its objects. You can use the following structures:
- We have found a ______ that has the shape of a ______.
- In our school there is a ________ which is very similar to a ________.
Short url: https://multidict.net/cs/3625